Joel D. Rozner rejoined the firm as a Partner in 1998. Previously a partner in the firm from 1991 to 1994, Mr. Rozner focuses his expertise on government relations in Annapolis and Prince George’s County and is the former chair of the firm’s extensive Government Relations and Lobbying practice.
Mr. Rozner was elected three times to the Prince George’s Democratic Central Committee. He served seven years as People’s Zoning Counsel for Prince George’s County and also as Chief of Staff for then County Executive Parris N. Glendening who was later elected Governor. Mr. Rozner was the Governor’s appointee to the Commission on Lobbyist Ethics.
In his practice, Mr. Rozner has represented a wide range of clients including the Washington Redskins in their successful move to Prince George’s County and also was the lead lobbyist in gaining necessary approvals for Dominion’s LNG export facility in Southern Maryland, which to date is the state’s largest capital project. Having participated in and managed numerous political campaigns, he is also primarily responsible for development of the firm’s legislative strategy.
- Appointed by Governor Glendening to Celebration 2000, and was the Governor’s appointee to the Commission on Lobbyists Ethics
- Maryland (1976)
- Washington, D.C. (1978)
Mr. Rozner received his law degree from University of Baltimore School of Law and his bachelor’s degree from University of Maryland, where he graduated in the top 13% of his class and was selected to be a member of the Heuisler Honor Society.
- Chief of Staff, Parris N. Glendening, County Executive of Prince George’s County, Maryland (1988-1990)
- People’s Zoning Counsel for Prince George’s County, Maryland (1985-1988)
- Attorney to the Prince George’s County Personnel Board (1982-1985)
- First Vice Chair, Prince George’s County Democratic Central Committee (1986)
- Maryland state joint task force on lobbying ethics (1994)
- Transition Committee of Attorney General Brian Frosh (2012)
- Appointed by Anne Arundel County Executive Steve Schuh to the Anne Arundel County Development Corporation Board of Directors (2016)