The Honorable Laurence Levitan is a recognized expert in state budget and tax issues and represents clients before the Maryland legislature, state agencies and local governments. He has served for 10 years as chairman of the Judicial Compensation Commission. Mr. Levitan recently served as a member of the Morgan State University Board of Regents and the Strathmore Hall for the Arts Board of Directors.
- Awarded “Public Affairs Award for Outstanding Contributions” by the Maryland Chamber of Commerce
- Maryland (1964)
- Washington, D.C. (1959)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1959)
Mr. Levitan received his Juris Doctors from George Washington University Law and his bachelor’s degree from Washington and Lee University.
- Chairman, Senate Budget and Taxation Committee (1982-1994)
- Maryland General Assembly (1971-1994)
- Maryland Chamber of Commerce Representative, Commission on Maryland’s Fiscal Structure (2002)