Maryland Governor Announces Additional Reopenings, Including Indoor Restaurant Dining, Casinos, Health Clubs and Malls
Today, Governor Larry Hogan announced the reopening of indoor restaurant dining, casinos, health clubs and malls. As with prior announcements, local jurisdictions may opt out of these reopenings and continue closures or impose stricter requirements. See below for a list of links that pertain to the reopening status for Maryland’s larger local jurisdictions. Entities that can reopen must continue social distancing and take enhanced safety precautions.
Per the Revised Executive Order (Gatherings-NINTH-AMENDED-6.10.20):
- Restaurants may reopen indoor dining on Friday June 12th at 5:00 pm at 50% capacity (and other requirements)
- Casinos, health clubs and malls may reopen on Friday June 19th at 5:00 pm at 50% capacity (and other requirements)
- Child care centers may expand to 15 persons per room
In addition, see below for reopening information for some of Maryland’s local jurisdictions:
- Anne Arundel County – https://www.aacounty.org/news-and-events/news/county-executive-pittman-signs-executive-order-to-implement-stage-2-reopening-actions
- Baltimore City – https://mayor.baltimorecity.gov/news/press-releases/2020-06-09-mayor-bernard-c-%E2%80%9Cjack%E2%80%9D-young-signs-executive-order-phase-i-reopening
- Baltimore County – https://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/BaltimoreCountyNow/baltimore-county-to-align-with-maryland-s-stage-two-reopening-steps
- Frederick County – https://frederickcountymd.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=4600
- Howard County – https://www.howardcountymd.gov/News/ArticleID/2009/Coronavirus-Updates-Outdoor-Seating-Permit-What%E2%80%99s-Open-and-Closed-in-Howard-County-Library-System-Updates-Blood-Drives
- Montgomery County – https://montgomerycountymd.gov/HHS/RightNav/Coronavirus-open.html
- Prince George’s County – https://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1649
This process remains fluid based on developments pertaining to COVID-19 and we will continue to monitor these matters. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any questions or need assistance.
For more information on this and all other COVID-19 related issues please visit our regularly updated RWL COVID-19 Subgroup Page: https://www.rwllaw.com/covid-19-information-and-assistance/.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available. At RWL we continue to stand ready to assist you during these difficult times. We can be reached at (410) 269-5066, online at https://www.rwllaw.com/ and on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.