MARYLAND GOVERNOR LARRY HOGAN ANNOUNCES LIFTING OF COVID -19 RESTRICTIONS EFFECTIVE FRIDAY, MARCH 12TH AT 5:00 PM
Today, Governor Larry Hogan announced lifting of restrictions on numerous businesses. Effective this Friday at 5:00 pm:
- Masking and social distancing orders are still in effect.
- Capacity restrictions will be lifted on outdoor and indoor dining; however, diners must be seated and social distancing requirements are in effect.
- Capacity restrictions will be lifted on retail businesses, religious facilities, fitness centers, personal services and indoor recreational establishments (casinos, bingo halls, bowling alley, skating rinks).
- Large outdoor and indoor venues may operate at 50% capacity, including conference and wedding venues, concert venues, conventions, theaters, racing facilities and sporting venues.
- Medical adult daycare centers will reopen, subject to appropriate restrictions and safety measures.
While previous Executive Orders from the Governor authorized local governments to impose additional restrictions on occupancy and closures, this new Executive Order substantially reduces local government authority. Moving forward, local government controls will be limited to authority contained in local statutes and regulations, newly enacted laws or determinations that individual businesses are operating in an unsafe manner.
The governor encourages employers to continue telework when possible. Masking, physical distancing, and other safety protocol orders will remain in place for all indoor and outdoor businesses and establishments.
You can find the most recent executive order on restrictions HERE.
You can find the most recent executive order on medical daycare centers HERE.
This process remains fluid based on developments pertaining to COVID-19 and we will continue to monitor these matters. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any questions or need assistance.