RWL Recognized As Leader In Sports Law Field In Hackney Publications “100 Law Firms” List
RWL was recognized today by Hackney Publications, the nation’s leading publisher of sports law periodicals, as one of a handful of law firms that are considered leaders in the sports law field in its annual “100 Law Firms with Sports Law Practices You Need to Know About.” This is the second year that RWL has been included in this list.
RWL is honored that our Sports Law, Gaming and Facilities practice group, chaired by the firm’s managing partner, Alan M. Rifkin, has received this noted recognition.
Hackney Publications Recognizes Rifkin Weiner Livingston as a Leader in the Sports Law Field in Its ‘100 Law Firms’ List
Alan M. Rifkin
RWL’s Sports Law, Gaming and Facilities practice group is led by the firm’s Managing Partner, Alan M. Rifkin.
RWL has provided services and counsel to the Maryland Jockey Club, the Preakness® Stakes, Ripken Baseball, Tufton Professional Baseball, Baltimore Orioles and Mid-Atlantic Sports Network®”
— Hackney Publications
AUSTIN, TEXAS, UNITED STATES, March 17, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — Hackney Publications1 announced today that its readers have identified Rifkin Weiner Livingston3 LLC as one of a handful of law firms that are leaders in the sports law field in its annual Roster of “100 Law Firms2 with Sports Law Practices You Need to Know About.”
Besides recognizing law firms for their achievements, the portal serves as a resource for those in need of experienced and capable legal counsel in the sports law arena.
RWL’s Sports Law, Gaming and Facilities practice group is led by the firm’s Managing Partner, Alan M. Rifkin. Alan is a well-recognized sports law, commercial and business attorney who has represented many national and international corporations and institutions for over three decades. He is nationally recognized for his experience in sports, media rights and gaming law; as such, he has often been asked to educate his peers on the evolving legal issues in this field and is also an Adjunct Professor in “Sports and the Law” at the University of Maryland Carey School of Law.
RWL has provided services and counsel to the Maryland Jockey Club, the Preakness® Stakes, Ripken Baseball, Tufton Professional Baseball, Baltimore Orioles and Mid-Atlantic Sports Network® in the areas of:
• Professional sports association governance law
• Media rights
• Sports broadcasting networks
• Sports facilities
• Sports-related transactions
• ADA accessibility
• Facilities security law
• Sports entity financing
• Trademark and copyright protection
“Firms like Rifkin Weiner Livingston stand out in the field, and are responsible for creating and maintaining an efficient sports industry that delivers the best possible product to hundreds of millions of fans around the world in a cost-efficient manner,” said Holt Hackney, the founder of Hackney Publications, which has been publishing sports law periodicals for more than two decades.
Notable representations include:
• Led a negotiating team for the Maryland Jockey Club, The Stronach Group and the Preakness Stakes® for a multi-million public/private partnership for the rebuilding of Pimlico Race Course and Laurel Park
• Represented the Baltimore Orioles in negotiations with Major League Baseball concerning compensation for the Orioles in connection with the relocation of the Washington Nationals to Washington, D.C., including the formation and development of the Mid-Atlantic Sport Network
• Represented the Baltimore Orioles in a pay television rights and contract dispute with Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic
• Negotiated the Baltimore Orioles’ spring training facilities lease with Sarasota County, Florida
• Advised and represented Governor of Maryland and administration (before Maryland General Assembly and agencies) with respect to approval and funding for Oriole Park at Camden Yards
• Represents the Maryland Jockey Club, owners of the Preakness® Stakes and Pimlico Racecourse in a wide variety of commercial, regulatory and litigation matters