Michael D. Berman, is a member of the Firm’s Complex Commercial and Civil Litigation and Electronically Stored Information (ESI) practices. Mr. Berman is also an adjunct faculty member at the University of Baltimore School of Law. He has published extensively, including as the editor-in-chief and a contributing author in “Electronically Stored Information in Maryland Courts” (Maryland State Bar Ass’n. 2020), co-editing two American Bar Association books on electronic discovery, as well as co-authoring law review and other articles regarding electronically stored information (“ESI”). He has presented widely in venues ranging from local to National events.
- Graham v. Famous Dave’s of America, 2020 WL 6874323 (D.Md. Nov. 23, 2020).
- Doe v. Alternative Medicine MD, LLC, 455 Md. 377 (2017).
- Estate of Adams v. Continental Ins. Co., 233 Md.App. 1 (2017).
- State Center, LLC v. Lexington Charles Ltd. P’shp., 438 Md. 451 (2014).
- The Town of La Plata v. Faison-Rosewick, LLC, 434 Md. 496 (2013).
- Canvan v. Md. State Bd. of Elections, 430 Md. 533 (2013) (summary affirmance of validity of Gaming Expansion Act referendum).
- Citizens Against Slots at the Mall v. PPE Casino Resorts Maryland, LLC, 429 Md. 176 (2012).
- AFCO Credit Corp. v. Md. Insurance Admin., 198 Md.App. 218 (2011).
- Anne Arundel County Taxpayers Association, Inc. v. Anne Arundel County Board of Elections, et al., 415 Md. 433 (2010)(summary affirmance by per curiam order).
- Citizens Against Slots at the Mall, et al. v. PPE Casino Resorts Maryland, LLC, et al., 414 Md. 117 (2010)(decision of Court; opinion to follow).
- Laurel Racing Assoc., Inc. v. Video Lottery Facility Comm’n, 409 Md. 445 (2009).
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT EACH CASE IS DIFFERENT AND THE PAST RECORD IS NO ASSURANCE OF FAVORABLE RESULTS IN ANY FUTURE CASE.
- SuperLawyers (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent (2020, 2021)
- Adjunct faculty member, University of Baltimore School of Law (2009- 2021)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Mr. Berman earned his Juris Doctor, with honors, from the University of Maryland School of Law in 1980. He earned a Master of Arts from the University of Maryland in 1977 and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Wisconsin in 1970.
- Deputy Chief of Civil Litigation, Office of the Attorney General of Maryland (2001-2008)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable R. Dorsey Watkins, United States District Judge, United States District Court for the District of Maryland (1980-1981)